I see myself as a passionate and flawed World Citizen. I love to wander and explore on my own; to get lost in new -and old- cities, taking all of the sights in. I’m 100% Nigerian, and am happy that my parents never let me forget where I come from. When I was younger I didn’t like that I was different, that I wasn’t “American enough”, being a first generation Nigerian child in the States. Now I revel in my cultural heritage. Being Nigerian is a big part of who I am.
I’m an observer, and at times people take my aloofness as me not caring, but I’m this way because I need to assess the people and things around me. I’m finding out who I really am, and while I love the woman I’m becoming, there are certain things about my personality that need to be refined.
This blog is a proper mashup of who I am. It chronicles the Quarter Life Crisis that I am currently going through, my quest to find a job and start my career, growing my brand, music and books I like, and other things that I’m passionate about.
Some of the things that I am passionate about (because I know you want to know!):
- Being the best daughter, sister, aunt and friend I can be
- Becoming a Global Brand Manager for a well known brand
- Cultural branding
- Traveling (I’m a self-described World Citizen, remember?!)
- Hair (I tend to change my hairstyles on a biweekly basis)
- Health & beauty
- Loving myself more (gotta love yourself before you can truly love someone else 😉 )
- Bob Marley
- Inner strength and self-help
A few of my favorite things:
- My nephew
- Bolthouse smoothies
- Whole Foods
- social media
- online shopping
- Dodge Chargers
- Chai tea lattes
- Passports w/ stamps
- Australian and South African accents
- Bob Marley
- Music festivals
I’m quite surprised that I found this much to write! I hope you enjoy my blog.